CEE & SEE Tourism Investment Summit
Unlocking investment opportunities in sustainable tourism
in Central, Eastern and Southeast Europe
19 – 21 March 2023
Hyatt Regency – Sofia, Bulgaria
ITIC will hold its ‘Central, Eastern and Southeast Europe Tourism Investment Summit’ from 19 to 21 March 2023 at Hyatt Regency Hotel in Sofia, Bulgaria. As investors in the tourism industry are increasingly paying attention to the social and environmental footprint of their projects, the Central, Eastern and South-east European regions offer unrivalled opportunities for new hospitality developments in terms of greater sustainability, resilience and innovation.
The ITIC Tourism Investment Summit will bring together policy makers, tourism ministers and leaders, project owners and investors so that they can unleash the potential of the tourism industry of Central, Eastern and South-east Europe for the benefit of all stakeholders especially of local communities.
For investors, private equity firms, fund managers and financiers in quest of novel business opportunities, this event might turn out to be the chance of their lifetime since these parts of Europe are still endowed with unspoiled natural sites to be integrated to international travellers’ routes.
Attracting FDI in the travel and tourism sector will be key to rebuild the industry and contribute to the recovery of countries’ economy at large. ITIC will facilitate and structure investment to tap tourism opportunities in this part of the world.
Sunday 19 March 2023 – 19:00 – 21:00 Welcome Reception
Monday 20 March 2023 – Full Day Summit
Tuesday 21 March 2023 – Financing Travel and Tourism Development Projects
This summit will explore in depth how to rebuild the industry and focus on the following critical issues:
- Economic Outlook: The Central, Eastern and Southeast Europe investment landscape for 2023 and beyond. Insights on the key opportunities and challenges in the travel and tourism industry
- Leaders Talk: Building a comprehensive Tourism resilience framework for the travel and tourism sector and supporting its development to attract and optimize FDIs in the Central, Eastern and Southeast Europe
- The Future of Sustainable Urban Tourism: challenges, best practices and transforming initiatives for cities
- Financing and investing in infrastructure and tourism projects to drive growth across the Central, Eastern and Southeast European tourism markets
- Advancing Gender Equality in tourism by empowering women in breaking the glass ceiling
- Investor’s Perspectives: Air Connectivity opportunities and challenges in Central, Eastern and Southeast Europe
- Destination Focus: A Case Study of successful investments in Bulgarian Tourism
- How to better understand the fundamental aspects of doing business in Central, Eastern and Southeast Europe
- Investment in digitalized travel and tourism industry and how technology is revolutionizing the sector?
- Investment Pitch – Presentations by Developers and Owners of Tourism projects within the CEE & SEE regions
View our Past Events
- Enhancing Mauritius – China Relations 2017
- China Tourist Night – CNTA Mauritius 2017
- ITIC London November 2018 Video Gallery
- Investing in Tourism Sustainability Conference, Bulgaria – BBC Clip 2019
- ITIC London – 1 & 2 November 2019 Video Gallery
- ITIC ATM Dubai In-person Summit 2021
- ITIC London – 1 & 2 November 2021 The Summit Replay
- ITIC WTM Cape Town 2022
- GLobal Tourism Resilience Forum 2022
- ITIC ATM Dubai 2022
- ITIC WTM Global Tourism investment Summit 2022